join our journey
With net-plastic neutrality, we’re reassuring those new to 1-day lenses that not only can wearing daily disposable contact lenses help maintain ocular health, but they can make also make a mindful impact on the planet. Patients can enjoy all of the convenience, comfort, and performance of clariti® 1 day, MyDay® Biofinity® and MiSight® 1 day15,16 contact lenses while feeling good they’re making a difference. This allows you to be viewed positively by conscientious consumers.9
By prescribing clariti® 1 day and MyDay®, Biofinity® and MiSight® 1 day you’re creating an emotional connection10 with your patients that attracts return customers10,11—and that’s good for your practice’s and the planet’s future.
of Canadian contact lens wearers would choose a plastic neutral lens over a non-plastic neutral lens.12
of Canadian contact lens wearers agree that a plastic neutral contact lens would have a positive impact on their interest in trying that brand.13
It makes it easy for you to fit virtually any patient8 with clariti® 1 day, MyDay®, Biofinity® and MiSight® 1 day. And the sustainability provides a unique opportunity for your patients to make an impact and build a better future and for you to build a stronger connection with your patients.
Sustainability is something that matters to you and your patients—and CooperVision® supports that by continuously working to operate more sustainably. Our commitment to conservation through manufacturing and our partnership with Plastic Bank enable you to have the sustainability conversation with your patients—and to show that you share their values. Want to take it even further? Us too, so stay tuned to see what’s next in our ongoing efforts to help patients see their best and to do better for the environment.
*As of Q1 FY 2018. Data subject to change.
1. CVI data on file 2021. Decision Analyst online survey with 1-day soft CL wearers in Canada, n=300. Top 2 on 5 point scale. Pre Concept Review.
2. CVI data on file 2021. Decision Analyst online survey with 1-day soft CL wearers in Canada, n=300. Top 2 on 5 point scale. Pre Concept Review.
3. CVI data on file 2021. Decision Analyst online survey with 1-day soft CL wearers in Canada, n=300. Top 2 on 5 point scale. Pre Concept Review.
4. Plastics Industry Association. Why is medical plastic packaging so essential? Accessed January 5, 2021. https://thisisplastics.com/safety/why-are-medical-plastic-packages-so-essential/
5. Amount is defined as weight. Net plastic neutrality is established by purchasing credits from Plastic Bank. A credit represents the collection and conversion of one kilogram of plastic that may reach or be destined for waterways globally. CooperVision purchases credits equal to the weight of plastic in clariti® 1 day orders in a specified time period. clariti® 1 day plastic is determined by the weight of plastic in the blister, the lens, and the secondary package, including laminates, adhesives, and auxiliary inputs (e.g. ink). CVI data on file 2020. Sustainability report, clariti® 1 day in US.
6. About Plastic Bank. Accessed December 21,2020. https://plasticbank.com
7. Luensmann D et al. Toric lens fitting success supported by an online fitting App. Poster to be presented at NCC/BCLA 2020. Woods J et al. Validation of a multifocal contact lens online fitting app. BCLA poster presentation 2019. Retrospective analysis refraction data with OptiExpert (n=96 eyes) with Rx range +5.00 to -6.00DS, ≤ -1.00DC; ADDs +1.50 to +2.50D.
8. CVI data on file 2021; Rx coverage database n=203,946 eyes; 14 to 41 years for clariti® 1 day sphere and clariti® 1 day toric; 42 to 70 years for clariti® 1 day multifocal. Combined 82.2% coverage.
9. CVI data on file 2020. prospective, double masked, bilateral, randomized cross-over dispensing 1-week study, with clariti® 1 day and 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST in FRP SiHy wearers. N=55; p<0.01.
10. Observational satisfaction survey involving 1718 patients (new lens wearers n=1091, refitted lens wearers n=627) who were fitted with clariti® 1 day.
11. White K, Habib R, Hardisty DJ. How to SHIFT consumer behaviors to be more sustainable: a literature review and guiding framework. J Marketing. 2019;83(3):22-49. doi:10.1177/0022242919825649.
12. Veldwijk J. The role of sustainability in customer loyalty. CustomerThink. October 12, 2020. Accessed January 4, 2021.
13. CGS survey reveals sustainability us driving demand and customer loyalty. News release. CGS; January 10, 2019. Accessed January 3, 2021.
14. [clariti® 1 day / MyDay® daily disposable, Biofinity® and MiSight® 1 day] is defined as orders and includes [clariti® 1 day sphere, clariti® 1 day toric, and clariti® 1 day multifocal/ MyDay® daily disposable, MyDay® daily disposable toric, MyDay® daily disposable multifocal, Biofinity® sphere, Biofinity® XR, Biofinity® Energys, Biofinity® toric, Biofinity® XR toric, Biofinity® multifocal, Biofinity® toric multifocal, MiSight® 1 day] product sold and distributed by CooperVision in the Canada.
15. Reference: Sulley A et al. Experience and subjective responses for children switched from single vision to dual focus myopia control daily disposable contact lenses. BCLA paper presentation 2021.].
16. Reference: Woods, J., Jones, D., Jones, L., Jones, S., Hunt, C., Chamberlain, P., & McNally, J. (2021). Ocular health of children wearing daily disposable contact lenses over a 6-year period. Contact Lens and Anterior Eye.
17. REF: CVI data on file 2021. clariti 1 day CL considerers sustainability research survey 205 US consumers aged 16-35 years, Decision Analyst, April 2021.